#21DaysofKindness: Transforming Our World One Act At A Time
What feels better than receiving a gift or nice gesture unexpectedly?
Giving a gift or nice gesture just because!
This month we launch into the start of the holiday season with 3 weeks devoted to “random acts of kindness”. Kindness shows up in the smallest of ways but can mean the world to somebody going through difficult times. Kindness nourishes the soul by opening the flow of abundance.
Kindness as a spiritual practice also reminds us of this years’ theme:
Love. Serve. Transform.
We seek to transform our world with love and service – one act of kindness at a time. By engaging in random acts of kindness we deepen our spiritual connections with one another and within ourselves. Together, we hope to expand our sense of community within this church and beyond by using social media to document and share our experiences.
Let’s challenge ourselves to do one act of kindness a day for the next 21 days and experience the gratitude and blessings that open up to us when we are open to giving and receiving. All are invited to participate and use social media to share their experiences beginning September 15th, 2019 and wrapping up on October 6th, 2019.
Check out the video on this post from Unity of the Triangle Marketing gurus introducing the campaign and follow the steps below.
4 easy steps to participate:
- Follow @UnityTriangle on Instagram.
- Check back on Instagram once a day for the ‘Prompt of the Day’ which is to help you think of new ideas through the campaign.
- Post a photo or story from your account telling us about the experience.
- Tag @UnityTriangle in the post and use the hashtag #21DaysofKindness so we may find your post and feature it on the official Unity of the Triangle instagram page.
- Tag a friend in your post to “challenge” them and do the same!
- Post to your instagram account and tag @UnityTriangle as much as you want during the 21 days. Remember, the challenge is to take action every day and share it with the church to inspire others and keep the flow of giving open.
- No act of kindness is too small! You are welcome to choose an action outside of the prompts given and post it to your Instagram page.
- Use discretion when documenting your good deeds. It is important that the privacy of others is respected. We recommend obtaining consent for photos or videos, as appropriate. Otherwise we recommend that your post focuses on your personal experience with the challenge.
- Do a group action! Add this as an item at your next small group meeting and plan to take an action together like cleaning up a park together or getting together to write thank you notes.
- Not on Instagram and don’t want to be? That’s okay! Instagram isn’t everyone’s cup of tea. We invite you to post your pictures and videos to the #21DaysofKindness Facebook event page.
Most of all, have fun with it and feel good doing it! May love and serve flow freely from you as you continue to transform within and do your part to transform this world.
Love, light, and blessings to you,
Unity of the Triangle