Prayer Chaplain Program
What is the Prayer Chaplain Program?
The Prayer Chaplain Program is one of the most powerful and personal ways Unity of the Triangle serves the spiritual needs of its congregants. Joining the Prayer Chaplain Program is a service opportunity for those truly looking to take the next step in the development of their spiritual maturity.
Serving as a volunteer Prayer Chaplain involves a deep level of commitment, an openness to create heart connections with others, and a willingness to experience personal and spiritual growth and transformation. Completing the Prayer Chaplain training is transformational soul work.
What is a Prayer Chaplain?
Prayer Chaplains are trained volunteers who provide congregants confidential, one-on-one, affirmative prayer after Sunday services, and make prayer support calls to members once a month. They have a deeply committed private prayer practice and a willingness to practice the Unity principles. Prayer Chaplains are not ordained nor do they “minister” or counsel the community at large as do ministers or hospital chaplains.
Prayer Chaplains make a one-year commitment to fulfill their service responsibilities, and they serve approximately 8 hours per month.
We offer thorough training consisting of informational meetings, interviews, Sunday on-site training, a weekend training retreat, and a dedication ceremony. No prior prayer experience is required.
- Must be an active member of Unity of the Triangle for one year
- Attend the Affirmative Prayer/Life of Prayer class
- Participate in interviews prior to training to jointly discuss your commitment level and readiness for training
- All training dates are required
What is the role of a Prayer Chaplain?
- Create and hold sacred spiritual space with you during prayer
- Lovingly and empathetically listen to your prayer request
- Pray from the heart, allowing Spirit to speak through them
- Honor the sacred trust that is created when praying with another
- Hold all that is saced in the strictest confidence
What is the Level of Committment for a Prayer Chaplain?
Joining the Prayer Chaplain Program is a service opportunity for those who are truly looking to take the next step in the development of their spiritual maturity.
Prayer Chaplains make a one-year commitment to fulfill their service responsibilities, and they serve approximately 8 hours per month by:
- Offering prayer support at least two Sunday services per month (2 hours)
- Making Wellness Prayer Calls once a month to members (2-3 hours)
- Attending monthly Prayer Chaplain deepening meetings (2 hours)
- Mentoring and supporting other Prayer Chaplains (1 hour)
For more information about our the Prayer Chaplain Program, please contact:
Meemie Lohmueller, Pastoral Care Director
(919) 832-8324, Ext 110